Black Spirituality Religion : What did Jesus teach about public prayer?

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Classic istlota, not addressing the substance of my posted words in response to the dilemma you cited in your initial post.

Address what I said, brother; all else you've said is erroneous and irrelevant, since you created this thread to know divine will on this matter:

As a Bible believer, I've spoken on His will, so, please explain to me what you've learned from my response.

You want me to blindly accept that your understanding of what the bible says is beyond dispute? That sounds more like Coger-ianity than Christ-ianity.

What about the advice Jesus gave to 'search the scriptures'? What about the parable Jesus taught of tares being sown in by the enemy with the good seed? What about all the warnings Jesus gave about false teachers and wolves in sheep's clothing?

You do not want me to follow Jesus. You want me to follow Clyde Coger.

Lastly, its quite contradictory to hold onto your beliefs that the Bible is not inerrant, yet, you value the teachings and quote scripture often... Its
Reductio ad absurdum...

When I read the Sermon on the Mount, what I see is the wisest among men, Jesus, warning that religious folk had gotten a lot of what the scripture said all wrong. Which is why , so often, he had to say "ye have heard it has be said", followed by him then saying "but I say unto you".

When I hear you telling me, as a bible believer, what the bible means, I envision being back there on the mount, hearing Jesus preach "Ye have heard Coger say" and then following that with "but I say unto you".

You want me to blindly accept that your understanding of what the bible says is beyond dispute? That sounds more like Coger-ianity than Christ-ianity.

What about the advice Jesus gave to 'search the scriptures'? What about the parable Jesus taught of tares being sown in by the enemy with the good seed? What about all the warnings Jesus gave about false teachers and wolves in sheep's clothing?

You do not want me to follow Jesus. You want me to follow Clyde Coger.

When I read the Sermon on the Mount, what I see is the wisest among men, Jesus, warning that religious folk had gotten a lot of what the scripture said all wrong. Which is why , so often, he had to say "ye have heard it has be said", followed by him then saying "but I say unto you".

When I hear you telling me, as a bible believer, what the bible means, I envision being back there on the mount, hearing Jesus preach "Ye have heard Coger say" and then following that with "but I say unto you".

... Again, classic istlota presenting skewed points of argumentation rather than seeking consensus on the word of God. Presenting smoke and mirrors rather than considering the other person's point of view.

Frankly, I could care less about what you accept relative to the Bible, because, you are that false teacher that sheep in wolf clothing, as previously mentioned by you.

Peace In,

... Again, classic istlota presenting skewed points of argumentation rather than seeking consensus on the word of God. Presenting smoke and mirrors rather than considering the other person's point of view.

Frankly, I could care less about what you accept relative to the Bible, because, you are that false teacher that sheep in wolf clothing, as previously mentioned by you.

Peace In,

We are, again, locked in pointless debate. Again, at least one of us is just not listening, at all, to the other.

I responded to exactly what you said, because I am listening, to which you then accused me of skewing points of argumentation. That is not what I do. That is what Fox News does. Contrary to that approach, I may disagree, I may come right out and tell you you are dead wrong, but I do not do so by skewing points of argumentation because it is more important to me that I be correct than that I win anyone's perceived notion of a debate contest.

You criticize my modus operandi because it does not seek consensus on the word of God. To which I would respond by asking is this or is this not a Christ-ian study forum? Did Jesus the Christ ever, even once, seek consensus on the Word of God?

Jeremiah 1:8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.
But, of course, you or some other moderator has already, arrogantly, switched the thread to another forum despite the fact that I proved, by quoting the posted rules of that forum, that I was not in violation of them.

I suppose that is one Way to skew points of argumentation. Ah, yes, of course, this is the infamous method of ensuring 'consensus' by forcing unwanted posters to "get out of the way when moderators are moderating".

Are we both men or am I a child to be disciplined by a kindergarten teacher on a power trip?

So be it.

You have succeeded in distracting focus from what I say by drowning it out with the noise of yet another of your immature tantrums, Mr. Moderator.

Since you are being so careful to ensure 'the OP' is obeying the rules, perhaps you might also review the rule about calling another member by other than his name, Mr. Moderator?

Later today, when you are alone, away from the Internet, with just you and your God, you might distance self from ego long enough to honestly consider why you are _really_ conducting this crusade of yours:

Matthew 23:13 "But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in."

Brother istlota ... i moved this thread, not Brother Clyde. He is not a Moderator.

I saw your opening post, and it's an often used attempt at diminishing and disparaging Christianity / Bible.

The contradictions within that book are repeatedly used by non-Christians to tear down Christianity.

What you've done is not new, though your intent to find value in what you don't subscribe to, may be.

The rules for the Study Groups have been updated since Brother Kemetkind, and you can find them here.

I determined this thread to be in violation of the Study Groups, and moved it to where the discussion could live.

I didn't have time to let you know this yesterday, i just moved it, and am coming back to it now.

Again ... Brother Clyde did not move your thread, and he is not a Moderator.

I will suggest though ... if it is divine will you seek, you may need to go to the divine, to get it.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Brother istlota ... i moved this thread, not Brother Clyde. He is not a Moderator.

I saw your opening post, and it's an often used attempt at diminishing and disparaging Christianity / Bible.

The contradictions within that book are repeatedly used by non-Christians to tear down Christianity.

What you've done is not new, though your intent to find value in what you don't subscribe to, may be.

The rules for the Study Groups have been updated since Brother Kemetkind, and you can find them here.

I see.

Very well. My apologies to Clyde for mistaking him for a moderator.

And, my apologies to the Christians in that forum for not realizing that, on the question of what is or is not to be studied by them, what the bible actually says is irrelevant.

You were right. I should not participate in that forum. It is a clear case of it being best to let the blind lead the blind into the ditch.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back