Black Relationships : a letter: broken friendship

MissPoetik

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 25, 2002
hey ya'll, is this a mean letter? ladies, if you were in her shoes, how would you feel after reading this?

Crystal,
Yesterday, I heard that you were here on campus and Raschea told me that you are supposed to be returning today. So I am writing this letter to get some things off of my chest. It has always been easier for me to say everything that I need to say by writing it down (or in this case, sending an e-mail). Anyway, I’m just asking that you read this and give it some thought.

First of all I want to say that I should have never moved into that house. Regardless, living there taught me some things about ****** and life in general. But, I didn’t know you or your situation well enough to move in that house and by doing that, I put myself right in the middle of a bunch of drama that did not even involve me. Honestly, if it were just you, Carla and I, I think that we would have made great roommates. Unfortunately, it wasn’t.

The day before school started, when all of the drama happened, I was already preparing to move. I remember telling you that I was planning on leaving. Everything that was going on in that house was starting to get to me. Too much drama… Anyway, that’s why I was cleaning my room that day. I was getting organized and thinking about where I was going to go at the same time. My plans were to move on that Friday (because there was no school).

I had the radio on in the room when you and D were fighting. As a matter of fact, I didn’t realize ya’ll were fighting until you asked to use my phone so that you can call the police. After the issue, when you, Carla and I were standing in my room, I was thinking to myself that maybe I should’ve gotten involved. But I remember discussing that with you before. I told you that when **** like that goes down… I don’t know rather to mind my business or to call the police. (By the way, I don’t have your mom’s phone number). Plus, I struggle with the fact that when it happened before, you got right back with him the following day. So how am I supposed to feel? Is it all my fault because I didn’t call the police? When you were in the car with him, I thought that ya’ll had made up. I went in the house and got my phone, thinking that it was over. But all along, I had the impression that you had called the police.

Anyway, enough of that drama… The next day I was shocked to hear your sister talking all that **** on me, like I was the one to blame for everything. I just want you to realize what position you put me in… First of all, I was not in the room when ya’ll started fighting so I didn’t know what the **** was going down. And second of all I had made the decision awhile back to stay out of it when ya’ll have your little moments because, later that day, ya’ll would be all cool again like nothing happened.

You never spoke to me directly, your sister did all of the talking (half of which she said was not true), so I don’t know how you feel about me or the situation in general. Like I said before, I’m just getting some things off of my chest. I don’t have anything against your sister, your mom or you: I really don’t have time to be upset about a bunch of ********. I learned from my mistake and I just want to move on. I’m not asking you to be my friend and I’m not making a pitiful apology, I’m just spittin’ the truth and you can take it how you want it. If you wanna be cool… it’s nothin or if you wanna hate me… it’s nothin’. That’s all up to you. So… when you get a chance, write back.

-erika-

Personally I would not be offended. As you consider her a friend (that is the impression I received) you have to let your friend speak her mind and state her opinions about your friendship. A friend is there to love you and to help you if they feel they find a problem or you have an error in your ways. She is telling you how she felt at that time, which is something you didn't know, and how she felt you should correct it.

The letter has the tone where you all recently got into it or the friendship fell out, whether it be temporary or permanantly. I believe that if you feel the need to apologize, please do (instead of letting pride overtake you.) Or if you don't, at least write back and tell her how you feel.

Peace

:heart: :heart: PLAY :heart: :heart:

i feel you. this is actually a letter that i wrote to my ex-roomate. i was just making sure that i didn't sound like i was trying to "clown." like i said, i was simply spittin' the truth. i did send it to her and everything is cool now. our relationship would never be like it was, but at least there is no drama behind the situation anymore. thanks for your advice.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back