Black Relationships : An Open Letter to my Sisters

Riada said:

Okay, I'm seeing a possible opportunity I HOPE to move this discussion to another level, so I'll squeeze in here and ask this question: What SPECIFICALLY are you talking about? Can you cite two specific examples of how a typical sista (of the type you disaprove ) handles a situation with a brotha NOW that in the "new African contruct" that you talk about, would be handled differently and how you think it should be handled by the sista, using the 'intellectual and socio-cultural' approach you mentioned.

Specifics are very important in such a discussion because we may think we're on the same page and we're not actually on the same page. Examples really make for more clarity.

Blessed Sister Riada, I don’t want to ever be accused of trying to necessarily design the intricate parts that would make-up the Black females unique contributions to an overall New African social construct, but I will give some suggestions concerning this matter.

One of the things I mentioned was the way we approach things. Attempting to solve problems on an old construct is like trying to cure someone of a disease, while they're eating filth, smoking and their lifestyle habits and possibly the caustic environment stays the same; when operating from this position all you have is the bandage approach to a problem…in other words, by not changing the construct or caustic disease breeding modalities you’re just dealing with pacifying the pathology or illness. The conditions and causalities are ignored. The root of the disease is never dealt with.

Just like with most problems in the west, the systemic factors and the ruthless money driven paradigms are rarely sufficiently challenged or changed by our people. So just like illness is big business, so is single-hood amongst Black women, which makes the social overseers comfortable with the structures at hand and reluctant to consider new alternatives. The traditional paradigm is corrupt and unhealthy, and all the debates and discussions unknowingly go back to a perceived unfixable construct that is constantly negotiated and placated to. If you change the construct you might remove the disease and change a whole pyramid of solutions if problems are present or do arrive.

Remember, single Black women are a “cash cow” to the Madison Avenue’s culture barons in America, who are in cahoots with cultural and poverty pimps in our own communities, both middle class and poor. The continued and non-threatening dysfunctional collective called Black America is big business…hair products, media, drug dealing, clothing, food, slum lording, welfare, penal/industrial systems and the domino-effect economically that follows.

Our community cannot change unless conditions and causalities are powerfully altered or changed at their root. And at the core of these obvious or somewhat obvious social realities are intellectual, psychological and socio-cultural arcane and archaic views of the social, economic and physical infrastructures in our community. Black people presently need a boost of what is foreign to our social-scientific lexicon… “Futuristic thinking”…which does not necessarily ignore true and tried ancient practices and lifestyles revised.

We spend so much time focusing on emotional issues and incidents that are invoked by emotions; we fail to understand that these feelings and confrontations are related to real-time phenomenon and actual socio-cultural distortions concerning our ideas about relationships, marriage, economics and sexuality. I think that it is why we try to explore so many of these subjects here…not for agreement, but to dispel myths, reveal problems and show deficiencies in our socio-cultural ideas…

Black men and women need to ask, why are we coupling or not coupling, or have a need to be together in the first place, even though the physiology of attraction alone may be more than understood. This shouldn’t be just a given on a socio-cultural level …Let’s see if we are on the same pages…we need something more tangible on the table, than just emotions, money and traditions that have failed us (and this is not about throwing the baby out with the bath water)

All people are going to have to deal with this question, as we move slowly away from more traditional societies and cultural-structural givens. Ancient and intrinsic relationships between sexes were ingrained in the spiritual, psychological and socio-cultural sub consciousness of a people over time and were directly related to their ethnicity, lifestyles and environments; be they were agrarian or hunter-gathers. Since we came out of a slave paradigm and a peculiar Americanization that was unique to our unusually brutal circumstances, and then we dealt with our relationships many times in the context of sharecropping and Jim Crowism, we have never had time to reflect inwardly as a New African people to reexamine, rebuild or reclaim our spiritual and socio-cultural connections to each other. For the circle was damaged, sometimes deracinated and deformed by a 400 year plus gap in our social and cultural development, and then we were re-acculturated as less then a culture or an religiously defined people (our own cosmogony!) with historically recognizable or workable strictures and structures.

We’re always in a reaction mode and are constantly redefining ourselves rather knowing our true place or story. This gets down to, why are we supposed to be a unit?

…Are we here to be the Rappers and thugs for the world’s entertainment forever? ...believe it or not, too many our people are stuck there...

… Or to be the perpetual and proverbial victims and poster child’s for social rights?

…Or to be the legendary and mythological “spooks who sat by the corporate doors” keeping equality definable in Webster’s dictionary so white folks can feel humane and worthy?

Or maybe the scapegoats and reference guide for bad marriages, single motherhood, drug abuse, no-good men and how to be a strong perpetually single and independent woman…

Or are we here for metaphysical-cosmic reasons as related to this so-called reality, to eat, spiritually grow, to provide for ourselves, having children, food, shelter, energy/resources, clothing and so forth. All of these things have spiritual and socio-cultural overtones and underpinnings all over the world and throughout history. You cannot function or be recognized even unto yourself unless you are providing and reflecting from these intrinsic functions that make any people who they are or supposed to be.

Example, look at rappers and thugs and the clothes they wear and how they live and ritualize…you cannot separate one from another, even in that convoluted reality.

We, Black men and women, must get back to the earth and the basics. And understand that our reason for coming together are to define and develop a paradigm that is directly related to those basics, both spiritually and socio-culturally. Like I said, this could be said to any ethnic or racial group of men or women as they try to define themselves in a new matrix-like techno-culture that is much different than that which has defined family and the whole phenomenon of coupling for eons.

Sister Riada, I’m not trying to talk at you, I’m trying to pry away the barriers to talk with you. To get back to where we began takes study on all our parts…and especially Black women, because they are the beginning! Black matrifocal society…is the soul of heaven and earth.

Peace and Love Supreme

Brother Sun Ship:cool:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back