Black People : What Does Conscious Mean - When We're All Dependent On Others?

Ankhur said:
Black consciousness is different from any other c"conscious rainsing context

The very nature of the Black conscious movement of the 60s

had nothing to do with how many books one read, how one wore their hair or what they wore on thier back

Just for the record and in case you heard me suggest that, I never said it did. I did say: that “consciousness” even “black consciousness” means for me an “AWARENESS OF SELF…my BLACK AFREEKAN SELF AND CULTURE”. I am a “product” of the 60’s movement and am AWARE OF SELF…i.e “conscious”. It also has to do with becoming AWARE of the SYSTEM of white supremacy, what it is and how it works in the lives of the people.
Ankhur said:
it had to do with what is in the perons heart for the community and their focus with the knowledge they have.
The problem arises when any one person begins to judge another person “heart” or intent and/or style of focusing their knowledge. That I suspect, is where “arrogance” comes into play.

Just for the record and in case you heard me suggest that, I never said it did. I did say: that “consciousness” even “black consciousness” means for me an “AWARENESS OF SELF…my BLACK AFREEKAN SELF AND CULTURE”. I am a “product” of the 60’s movement and am AWARE OF SELF…i.e “conscious”. It also has to do with becoming AWARE of the SYSTEM of white supremacy, what it is and how it works in the lives of the people.

The problem arises when any one person begins to judge another person “heart” or intent and/or style of focusing their knowledge. That I suspect, is where “arrogance” comes into play.
No one is judging anyone, simply there is a diffference between being awake and being conscious.

Awake is an adjective however being conscious is a verb, not something static

plain and simple

All of the conscious people I have met were people of action, and that action was service towards the greater good of the race

there is no judgement made

if some folks have that in their heart fine

if they do not that is fine also,

so what is this talk about judgement?

All of the people mentioned in the list had aknowledge of white supremacy also,

but they did something with that knowledge for the betterment and protection of the race

here is an observation,

stagnated knowledge is like a swamp serving no one

but active knowledge is like a river flowing and providing for many!

QUOTE=Ankhur] so what is this talk about judgement? [/QUOTE]

Destee said:
What drives us to think we are better than another Sister or Brother, when you gotta go to the same white folk for life necessities?!
If I THINK I am “better than”, I am making a “judgment”
Ankhur said:
it had to do with what is in the perons heart for the community and their focus with the knowledge they have.
And WHO determines this? The basis of the thread as I followed it, ask the question as to why those who consider themselves to be “conscious” think or behave as if they are “better than” one who they deem is not “conscious” …in the same way they are. THAT is a problem area that requires addressing.

Peace and Blessings Family,

What Does Conscious Mean - When We're All Dependent On Others?

Black People in America depend on white people to provide their food, lights, gas, and water ... life necessities.

But we will QUICKLY jump on another Sister or Brother ... talking about how blind, lost, and pitiful they are ... when you are just as bound.

How can we do this to each other?

What drives us to think we are better than another Sister or Brother, when you gotta go to the same white folk for life necessities?!

What else but the dynamic of white supremacy ... the great force that pushes us to damage each other ... can explain this phenomena?

How can one drape themselves in "consciousness" ... be better than another ... when they are just as subject to white supremacy racism, as the rest of us?!

Please help me understand.

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee
People drape themselves in all sorts of things they do not understand

some drape themselves in techism, some in christinaity, or islam or ATR, some drape themselves as politicians and some drape themselves as conscious,

and basicly not knowing the meaning of those terms if they look down on others.

People look down on others when they do not have the altruism to help, heal, eduacte or inspire others.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back