Black People : REPARATIONS due US??

excel10k said:
I am 42 years old, I retired from the military after 20 yeas of service. I grew up in Mississippi and clearly remember "Colored Waiting" rooms at the doctors clinic when I was in elementary school. By high school, we interacted with whites students at school but almost never outside of school.

In the military, I was introduced to the concept of working with other races on a team basis where our lives depended upon one another. In basic training, my best friend became a white guy from Nebraska. He had a 100 stupid questions about blacks and I had a 100 stupid questions about whites. At the end of the day, we discovered that a black country boy from Mississippi and a white country boy from Nebraska could have a lot in common and could be great friends.

As my career progressed, I attended military flight school. There I met a white guy from Maine. He and I hit it off immediately and were inseperable. Our classmates started calling us "Wally" (me) and "Beaver"(him) Cleaver. He and I are tight to this day. I have been through more with "Beav" than I have with my blood brothers.

I admit that I went to basic training with a chip on my shoulder, but the guy from Nebraska cause me to remove it. Since flight school, the vast majority of my military career and civilian career following military retirement have been in mostly white environments. I have always been treated as a professional. I have not been given anything that I didn't earn nor did I want anything that I haven't earned.

I choose to do some things differently than some of my childhood friends. When I visit home now, some of those friends who are sitting in the same neighborhood doing the same things they were doing as a child and blaming the white man for holding them down have never attempted to get up. They make comments like "those white folks let you fly their planes?" Well, I never asked them. I just choose to do it. A lot of them helped me though.

I have been so blessed in this country, I personally feel I am owed no debt from this country. As I mentioned previously, I have experienced incidents that I would contribute to racism from time to time, but they have served as an annoyance more than any thing else. In some cases, they have increased my resolve and made me stronger. But NEVER have they hindered me.

In one situation, before going to flight school, I had a captian who was racist. He did some things that showed favor toward a white soldier. I asked to speak with him and told him that he was a very unprofessional leader and that his behavior negatively effected the moral and the effectiveness of his unit. I laid down my case point by point and left him with his jaw dragging the ground. I told him that I would be sharing the same information with his superior. My case was so tight and he was so amazed that I presented it in such a professional and methodical manner without wild, unfounded accusations the only thing he could do is say, "You are right, I am sorry".

I have reflected on this situation many times since then and have used it as a source and method of dealing with people on a few occassions. I have never since then accused a white person of racism. I see racism as an ambigous issue. I simply point out their behavior to them or to the person I am reporting it to and allow the motive to be determined by the hearer.....I simply point out the iniquity of the situation or the lack of professionalism. I have never left dissatisfied.

Spoken like a true "good ole country BOY". I wouldn't have expected anything different from a guy from MISSISSPPI, you still have a slave mentality. I've been all up and down the eastern portions of the United States and black people in the south still have a Peasant (go along to get along) mentality.

BLACK PANTHERS..LOS ANGELES/CHICAGO THEN SPREAD AROUND THE WORLD
NOI...DETROIT then spread around mostly up north
NAT TURNER,Denmark Vassey...VA

Martin Luther King..a man who begged and pleeded for friendship and mercy with white people eventhough they hated the ground he walked on and shot him anyway...ALABAMA/MISISSSPPI/GEORGIA.

Why didn't you speak on that aids that they "gave out" to black people around the same time they instrdocued MLK boulevard. Or that cocaine.

I admit that I went to basic training with a chip on my shoulder, but the guy from Nebraska cause me to remove it. Since flight school, the vast majority of my military career and civilian career following military retirement have been in mostly white environments. I have always been treated as a professional. I have not been given anything that I didn't earn nor did I want anything that I haven't earned.

I choose to do some things differently than some of my childhood friends. When I visit home now, some of those friends who are sitting in the same neighborhood doing the same things they were doing as a child and blaming the white man for holding them down have never attempted to get up. They make comments like "those white folks let you fly their planes?" Well, I never asked them. I just choose to do it. A lot of them helped me though.

Your still the white man's boy, repeating clinches that you heard him say. 90% of the black people in the military live south of VA.

Excel,

I don't think you are a bad person. But I do think you lack an understanding of what racism is.

You talk a lot about irresponsible "Black" folks. Well, irresponsibility knows no color. And if we have to all pretend that we are all "individuals, then I don't think I should be held accountable for the irresponsibility other "Blacks" simply because I am "Black". But that happens everyday.

I think that should reveal exactly what racism is about. It is about groups, not about individuality. I am sure most "Black" folks here haven't run into blatant racism directly targetted at their persons. But they have run into attitudes that either hint at or ask questions about the inferiority of our people, cultural or otherwise.

So since we all know that racism is about groups and what supposed negative/positive cultural traits these groups have, then "Black" grievances become apparent.

One of the main reasons why "Blacks" suffer from a disproportionate share of social ills, is because of racism. Remember, we are talking about the group. It doesn't matter that you know some "Blacks" who are responsible for their own failure. A disproportionate number of "Blacks" are in their situations because of the legacy of or continuance of racist institutions, practices, etc.

Look around you, Destee isn't a place for unintelligent "Black" folk. Indeed, there are "Black" people here with just as much, if not more education than you. There are folks here who run their own businesses, make hundreds of thousands of dollars yearly, and hold positions of importance in their respective communities.

But we still suffer from racism and from the mythology that "Black" folks (the group) are just not as important, intelligent, or worthwhile as other groups.

JohnHorse said:
Spoken like a true "good ole country BOY". I wouldn't have expected anything different from a guy from MISSISSPPI, you still have a slave mentality. I've been all up and down the eastern portions of the United States and black people in the south still have a Peasant (go along to get along) mentality.

Thank you, I am proud of being a "good ole country boy". You do ask you to explain to me what exactly should I be upset, militant, or otherwise disenfranchised about??? Everything I have wanted in life I have acheived it, I am under no "oppression", I am free to accomplish what ever I have potential to do. If I were unhappy with my existence here, I can afford to buy a ticket to where ever in the world I choose to go. I am not the type to complain about something and not take definative actions towards resolving that issue. What, exactly, is slave mentality about that????? I don't have a peasant mentality...I earn, as an individual, more than the median HOUSEHOLD income of ASIANS in America....who, by the way, have a higher median income than whites in America by over $8K per year. I don't have a go along to get along mentality....didn't you read my post??? I systematically destroy behavior that I consider racist or unprofessional not by throwing a race card, but by making my case in a methodical manner and allowing the hearer to determine motive while my case clearly demonstrates iniquity. This technique is powerful and leaves them in shock and awe. But please, make your case and tell me what is "go along to get along" about that.

I may be FROM Mississippi, but I have been from coast to coast and around the world.

JohnHorse said:
BLACK PANTHERS..LOS ANGELES/CHICAGO THEN SPREAD AROUND THE WORLD
NOI...DETROIT then spread around mostly up north
NAT TURNER,Denmark Vassey...VA
Sounds like all of the places where blacks are most self-destructive.

JohnHorse said:
Martin Luther King..a man who begged and pleeded for friendship and mercy with white people eventhough they hated the ground he walked on and shot him anyway...ALABAMA/MISISSSPPI/GEORGIA.

Begged and pleaded??? Dr. King always stood on the high plain of dignity. Malcom X Demanded "by any means necessary" and his own people killed him. The rights you now take for granted were not won by the black panthers but by the tactics of Dr. King.

"In our time change has come to this Nation, too. The American Negro, acting with impressive restraint, has peacefully protested and marched, entered the courtrooms and the seats of government, demanding a justice that has long been denied. The voice of the Negro was the call to action. But it is a tribute to America that, once aroused, the courts and the Congress, the President and most of the people, have been the allies of progress.

Thus we have seen the high court of the country declare that discrimination based on race was repugnant to the Constitution, and therefore void. We have seen in 1957, and 1960, and again in 1964, the first civil rights legislation in this Nation in almost an entire century."
Lyndon B Johnson

THE BLACK PANTHER TACTICS DID NOTHING TO SECURE THESE POLITICAL VICTORIES. While the Black Panthers talk a good talk, what have they really accomplished??? Have they been responsible for bringing about a single law favorable to African Americans? Have they secured employment or economic stability for African Americans? Have they been responsible for any tangible gain of African Americans??

I don't have a problem with Black Panthers. I respect their efforts and their passion. But their tactics are ineffective as far as I can see. I will be happy to alter my oppinion should the answers to the above questions provide definative proof that their tactics have actually produced tangible gains.

JohnHorse said:
Why didn't you speak on that aids that they "gave out" to black people around the same time they instrdocued MLK boulevard. Or that cocaine.
What are you talking about??? How did they "give out" AIDS? Show proof. Remember, AIDS was almost exclusively a gay white thing. It is a convienient scapegoat to blame everything on whitey, but that doesn't solve problems. Sure, there is more to the AIDS epidemic than meets the eye, but the solution to AIDS is so simple that it is foolish to get AIDS. Blame whitey all you want, but this only highlights the fact that you have no solution for the forseeable future. That is the methodology of people without solutions ---blame others.

Last year, 70% of all new cases of HIV/AIDS among american women, were African American women. What is your solution for that???? Do you think blaming others will fix this....did gay white males blame others to reduce the spread of AIDS in their community???? NO, but THEY reduced it.

Cocaine.....That is a huge cop out. Are you insinuating that our people are so stupid and lack the ability to CHOOSE to say no when being given poison to sale their own people. YOU MAY EXCUSE THIS IRRESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOR, BUT I DON'T. ANY MAN THAT WOULD SALE HIS OWN PEOPLE POISON UNDER THE GUISE OF DOING WHAT HE MUST TO SURVIVE IS A LIAR AND AN OPPORTUNIST. There is absolutely nothing that keeps the drug dealer from choosing an honest living. I grew up with people who claim the man is holding them down and that they were forced by the system to go that route....I grew up in the same system they did....I haven't sold poison to my people.

JohnHorse said:
Your still the white man's boy, repeating clinches that you heard him say. 90% of the black people in the military live south of VA.
I can live where ever I choose to live. It is warmer down south. I just returned from vacation up north last week, It hadn't snowed in two weeks but there was snow still on the ground. I live in the south because I choose to live in the south. I earned $102K last year in the south. I own 163 acres in the south. Now what, EXACTLY, makes me the white man's boy? Is it because I don't buy into the EXCUSES we make for destroying ourselves???

excel10k said:
Thank you, I am proud of being a "good ole country boy". You do ask you to explain to me what exactly should I be upset, militant, or otherwise disenfranchised about??? Everything I have wanted in life I have acheived it, I am under no "oppression", I am free to accomplish what ever I have potential to do. If I were unhappy with my existence here, I can afford to buy a ticket to where ever in the world I choose to go. I am not the type to complain about something and not take definative actions towards resolving that issue. What, exactly, is slave mentality about that????? I don't have a peasant mentality...I earn, as an individual, more than the median HOUSEHOLD income of ASIANS in America....who, by the way, have a higher median income than whites in America by over $8K per year. I don't have a go along to get along mentality....didn't you read my post??? I systematically destroy behavior that I consider racist or unprofessional not by throwing a race card, but by making my case in a methodical manner and allowing the hearer to determine motive while my case clearly demonstrates iniquity. This technique is powerful and leaves them in shock and awe. But please, make your case and tell me what is "go along to get along" about that.

I may be FROM Mississippi, but I have been from coast to coast and around the world.

Begged and pleaded??? Dr. King always stood on the high plain of dignity. Malcom X Demanded "by any means necessary" and his own people killed him. The rights you now take for granted were not won by the black panthers but by the tactics of Dr. King.

"In our time change has come to this Nation, too. The American Negro, acting with impressive restraint, has peacefully protested and marched, entered the courtrooms and the seats of government, demanding a justice that has long been denied. The voice of the Negro was the call to action. But it is a tribute to America that, once aroused, the courts and the Congress, the President and most of the people, have been the allies of progress.

Thus we have seen the high court of the country declare that discrimination based on race was repugnant to the Constitution, and therefore void. We have seen in 1957, and 1960, and again in 1964, the first civil rights legislation in this Nation in almost an entire century."
Lyndon B Johnson

THE BLACK PANTHER TACTICS DID NOTHING TO SECURE THESE POLITICAL VICTORIES. While the Black Panthers talk a good talk, what have they really accomplished??? Have they been responsible for bringing about a single law favorable to African Americans? Have they secured employment or economic stability for African Americans? Have they been responsible for any tangible gain of African Americans??

I don't have a problem with Black Panthers. I respect their efforts and their passion. But their tactics are ineffective as far as I can see. I will be happy to alter my oppinion should the answers to the above questions provide definative proof that their tactics have actually produced tangible gains.

What are you talking about??? How did they "give out" AIDS? Show proof. Remember, AIDS was almost exclusively a gay white thing. It is a convienient scapegoat to blame everything on whitey, but that doesn't solve problems. Sure, there is more to the AIDS epidemic than meets the eye, but the solution to AIDS is so simple that it is foolish to get AIDS. Blame whitey all you want, but this only highlights the fact that you have no solution for the forseeable future. That is the methodology of people without solutions ---blame others.

Last year, 70% of all new cases of HIV/AIDS among american women, were African American women. What is your solution for that???? Do you think blaming others will fix this....did gay white males blame others to reduce the spread of AIDS in their community???? NO, but THEY reduced it.

Cocaine.....That is a huge cop out. Are you insinuating that our people are so stupid and lack the ability to CHOOSE to say no when being given poison to sale their own people. YOU MAY EXCUSE THIS IRRESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOR, BUT I DON'T. ANY MAN THAT WOULD SALE HIS OWN PEOPLE POISON UNDER THE GUISE OF DOING WHAT HE MUST TO SURVIVE IS A LIAR AND AN OPPORTUNIST. There is absolutely nothing that keeps the drug dealer from choosing an honest living. I grew up with people who claim the man is holding them down and that they were forced by the system to go that route....I grew up in the same system they did....I haven't sold poison to my people.

I can live where ever I choose to live. It is warmer down south. I just returned from vacation up north last week, It hadn't snowed in two weeks but there was snow still on the ground. I live in the south because I choose to live in the south. I earned $102K last year in the south. I own 163 acres in the south. Now what, EXACTLY, makes me the white man's boy? Is it because I don't buy into the EXCUSES we make for destroying ourselves???

:SuN024:

Another lost soul.

excel10k said:

Lyndon B Johnson

Excel, can I ask? Why are you here?

To keep us from self-destructing?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back