Black Women : Ladies (&Gents)...Question for you.

sweet apple*pie

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 14, 2006
East Coast
Occupation
I am a student, and all though it is hardwork, it
Why is it that we have a hard time embracing one another in the real world?

I mean...to me, it always seems as if their is some type of untrusting, reservation to the unity of black woman. Especially black women who are attractive and successful.

You know...when it comes to our beauty...I feel as if it is the MEDIA, that causes so much hate among us. If the media didn't emphasize SO heavily on our bodies and faces...then maybe we would be more accepting of each others beauty, inside and out. But when how you look is constantly being shoved down your throat...it puts us on the defensive, and we look at others as competition... I say we should stop letting the media and the world pimp us, and start loving ourselves and our sisters. I say we need to reclaim the control again, and stop having the world control how we are perceived and how we relate to one another.

It's been going on way too long, and the only one benefiting from it is the ones makin the money off of it.

The World enjoys having women in a constant state of insecurity. With out it, there is no money to be made.

I have made the descion to LOVE myself, and LOVE my sistah's EVEN if they dont show me the same love. Because in my heart, I know that is the world that does this to us.

I live IN the world, but I wont allow the WORLD TO LIVE IN ME.

i feel your passion

Why is it that we have a hard time embracing one another in the real world?

i know you asked the ladies this question but i just wanted to say

this is not the real world

this is ameriKKKa

home of ILLUSIONATI

it's just like the movie the matrix

we're all living all breathing air and we ALL need food and water to survive

but somehow there are 500 millions different ways to define a human

and that where the problems lies

we see each other as somehow different from one another

The World enjoys having woman in a constant state of insecurity. With out it, there is no money to be made.

um :bingo: you're definitely seeing the bigger picture

Great Topic!

I agree insecurities is a part of it.

For the most part I don’t believe attractiveness or lack of it is a problem, as much as the attitudes of women. There are some attractive women who walk the Earth with the attitude that their beauty and presence is why the sun shines and moon glows and ALL should treat them accordingly, which rub some women the wrong way. I do believe to a certain point the media plays apart in it, but attitudes are created at a young age. You have parents and relatives who may treat pretty children better or differently than other children. Overkill of telling a child, “you’re so cute or pretty” can take root and grow arrogance. There are some less attractive women with beautiful attitudes that make them attractive, which rub some women the wrong way, because their focus is on surface beauty. The same with the attitudes of some successful women, rather they’re attractive or not, have an attitude of, I’m educated or more successful therefore, I’m better than.

There is a lot of cattiness that plague us. Hating on each other because of our clothing, men, car, walk, talk, hair, shoes and the list goes on and on.

In my opinion we get what we put out. A decision to love our sisters regardless is a great start to a cure to what ills us.

I wrote a poem years ago about how some of us are with each other when it comes to men and the lack of sisterhood.

AnyWhooo, again great topic!

MaddSistahlyLove!
Coco:heart:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back