Black Spirituality Religion : What Is God?

Al D

We become that which we repeatedly do..
REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 24, 2015
Florida
africafifth.net
Occupation
Retired Business Owner
I posted this awhile back but since there are quite a few new members, I thought that I would revisit it and see what the response would be, if any.
I came across this video and thought it humorous yet DEFINITELY food for thought. We all have been influenced in some way or another as to what or who God is. Maybe it's just the experience of life that is God and there is nothing more. It may just be that simple!

I posted this awhile back but since there are quite a few new members, I thought that I would revisit it and see what the response would be, if any.
I came across this video and thought it humorous yet DEFINITELY food for thought. We all have been influenced in some way or another as to what or who God is. Maybe it's just the experience of life that is God and there is nothing more. It may just be that simple!

AL D I also have ask this question....and now wonder what words you have to share on the topic?

What is God?

My Opinion is that...
God is Life - Breath.
Life is Energy and Information - Spirit.
Energy is the ability to do - Create (change)
Information is Intelligence and Awareness.

But that doesn't mean the "voice of Jesus" he heard was anything other than his own consciousness utilizing his memories and the ideas contained within his neural network in order to comfort him the same way that other people think they see ghosts or talk to loved ones who have passed. If you believe something strong enough your mind tries to make it true. Your mind cannot see, hear, taste, touch. It's experiences are fed to it and influenced through other systems (mostly the nervous system). I had my own experiences of having Night Terrors. I thought I saw what I could only describe to you as a succubus, attacking me in my sleep. At the time I believed in demons. And at the time I hadn't gotten a sleep study to know that I had sleep apnea and didn't know that I wasn't breathing
ZealotX

ZealotX and I was having a discussion about Moses, Volcanos, UFO's, Fire by night, Pillar of smoke by day, and the Burning bush which led to us conversing about God and Basically how God functions or appears in our World and Life. The above quote was ZealotX response to MLK own personal experience of God. Now during our discussion I did not wish to engage ZealotX on his response to MLK's confession as it would be a minor digression and it deserve so much more. ZealotX found it incredulous that both MLK and Moses heard God's Voice and suggested that it was their own memory and ideas?

My Questions are..
1. Was the Voice MLK heard God's? or a creation of his own (MLK's) Consciousness?
2. Is there a difference between God's Consciousness and MLK's Consciousness?
3. Or was The Voice a mixture of Both God and MLK?

In Short What's Your Opinion?

AL D I also have ask this question....and now wonder what words you have to share on the topic?

What is God?

My Opinion is that...
God is Life - Breath.
Life is Energy and Information - Spirit.
Energy is the ability to do - Create (change)
Information is Intelligence and Awareness.

ZealotX and I was having a discussion about Moses, Volcanos, UFO's, Fire by night, Pillar of smoke by day, and the Burning bush which led to us conversing about God and Basically how God functions or appears in our World and Life. The above quote was ZealotX response to MLK own personal experience of God. Now during our discussion I did not wish to engage ZealotX on his response to MLK's confession as it would be a minor digression and it deserve so much more. ZealotX found it incredulous that both MLK and Moses heard God's Voice and suggested that it was their own memory and ideas?

My Questions are..
1. Was the Voice MLK heard God's? or a creation of his own (MLK's) Consciousness?
2. Is there a difference between God's Consciousness and MLK's Consciousness?
3. Or was The Voice a mixture of Both God and MLK?

In Short What's Your Opinion?

Are you asking me what is my opinion on MLK's experience? If so, I'd have to say that with him being a Christian and a strong believer in the bible to him what he was experiencing was the word of God. Most people esp. religious will say that the voice in their head is the voice of God.

Now with that said, God for me does not exist. I cannot accept one so-called God as a supreme being and creator of all things. For me the concept and understanding of a so-called God source is unfathomable. Everything that goes beyond mankind's knowledge and inability to explain is assigned to a God. Now, when I first posted this back in 2019, I was reading a book called Seth speaks and I posted an excerpt from that book that I felt really added a great deal of clarity to the God being. Below
Al D said:
Here's a little something just to marinate over.
Taken From the Book Seth Speaks; Chapter 14
Stories of The Beginning and The Multidimensional God

Only a portion of your entire identity is "presently" familiar to you, as you know.
Therefore, when you consider the question of a supreme being, you imagine a male
personality with those abilities that you yourselves possess, with great emphasis upon
qualities you admire. This imagined god has therefore changed throughout your
centuries, mirroring man's shifting ideas of himself.
God was seen as cruel and powerful when man believed that these were desirable
characteristics, needed particularly in his battle for physical survival. He projected
these upon his idea of a god because he envied them and feared them. You have cast
your idea of god, therefore, in your own image.

In a reality that is inconceivably multidimensional, the old concepts God are
relatively meaningless. Even the term, a supreme being, is in itself distortive, for you
naturally project the qualities of human nature in it. If I told you that God was an idea,
you would not understand what I meant, for you do not understand the dimensions in
which an idea has its reality, or the energy that it can originate and propel. You do not
believe in ideas in the same way that you believe in physical objects, so if I tell you that
God is an idea, you will misinterpret this to mean that God is less than real - nebulous,
without reality, without purpose, and without motive action.

Now your own physical image is the materialization of your idea of yourself within
the properties of matter. Without the idea of yourself, your physical image would not be;
yet often it is all you are aware of. The initial power and energy of that idea of yourself
keeps your image alive.
Ideas, then, are far more important than you realize. If you will
try to accept the idea that your own existence is multidimensional, that you dwell
within the medium of infinite probabilities, then you may catch a slight glimpse of the
reality that is behind the word "god," and you may understand why it is almost
impossible to capture a true understanding of that concept in words.

God, therefore, is first of all a creator, not of one physical universe but of an infinite
variety of probable existences, far more vast than those aspects of the physical universe
with which your scientists are familiar. He did not simply then send a son to live and
die on one small planet. He is a wart of all probabilities.

God does not exist apart from or separate from physical reality, but exists within it and as a wart
of it, as he exists within and as a wart of all other systems of existence.

In the imagination of man.

Last edited:
Are you asking me what is my opinion on MLK's experience? If so, I'd have to say that with him being a Christian and a strong believer in the bible to him what he was experiencing was the word of God. Most people esp. religious will say that the voice in their head is the voice of God.
True

Now with that said, God for me does not exist.
But the quote from Seth Speaks says basically that God is an Idea.....Does that make God Unreal or Non-existent?

I cannot accept one so-called God as a supreme being and creator of all things.
If God is not a "Being" what about a Principle or Process?

For me the concept and understanding of a so-called God source is unfathomable.
God Maybe unfathomable in Her entirety?
Is it necessary for us to understand God in His entirety in order to benefit or can incremental Knowledge be profitable?
Everything that goes beyond mankind's knowledge and inability to explain is assigned to a God.
True..... or the Devil.

Now, when I first posted this back in 2019, I was reading a book called Seth speaks and I posted an excerpt from that book that I felt really added a great deal of clarity to the God being. Below
True very good book....Jane Roberts

Al D said:
Here's a little something just to marinate over.
Taken From the Book Seth Speaks; Chapter 14
Stories of The Beginning and The Multidimensional God

Only a portion of your entire identity is "presently" familiar to you, as you know.
Therefore, when you consider the question of a supreme being, you imagine a male
personality with those abilities that you yourselves possess, with great emphasis upon
qualities you admire. This imagined god has therefore changed throughout your
centuries, mirroring man's shifting ideas of himself.
God was seen as cruel and powerful when man believed that these were desirable
characteristics, needed particularly in his battle for physical survival. He projected
these upon his idea of a god because he envied them and feared them. You have cast
your idea of god, therefore, in your own image.

In a reality that is inconceivably multidimensional, the old concepts God are
relatively meaningless. Even the term, a supreme being, is in itself distortive, for you
naturally project the qualities of human nature in it. If I told you that God was an idea,
you would not understand what I meant, for you do not understand the dimensions in
which an idea has its reality, or the energy that it can originate and propel. You do not
believe in ideas in the same way that you believe in physical objects, so if I tell you that
God is an idea, you will misinterpret this to mean that God is less than real - nebulous,
without reality, without purpose, and without motive action.

Now your own physical image is the materialization of your idea of yourself within
the properties of matter. Without the idea of yourself, your physical image would not be;
yet often it is all you are aware of. The initial power and energy of that idea of yourself
keeps your image alive.
Ideas, then, are far more important than you realize. If you will
try to accept the idea that your own existence is multidimensional, that you dwell
within the medium of infinite probabilities, then you may catch a slight glimpse of the
reality that is behind the word "god," and you may understand why it is almost
impossible to capture a true understanding of that concept in words.

God, therefore, is first of all a creator, not of one physical universe but of an infinite
variety of probable existences, far more vast than those aspects of the physical universe
with which your scientists are familiar. He did not simply then send a son to live and
die on one small planet. He is a wart of all probabilities.

God does not exist apart from or separate from physical reality, but exists within it and as a wart
of it, as he exists within and as a wart of all other systems of existence.

In the imagination of man.

One of the best concept of creation i have read is that of the Hindu concept Vishnu - the All Pervading. Creations is the Thoughts of Vishnu....Brahma being Vishnu's first Thought.
Brahma is the Creator and Vishnu is the Source of Creation.
Brahma is Awareness.
Vishnu is Pure (transcendent) Thought.

Now with that said, God for me does not exist. I cannot accept one so-called God as a supreme being and creator of all things. For me the concept and understanding of a so-called God source is unfathomable. Everything that goes beyond mankind's knowledge and inability to explain is assigned to a God. Now, when I first posted this back in 2019, I was reading a book called Seth speaks and I posted an excerpt from that book that I felt really added a great deal of clarity to the God being. Below
Ahem, well yes God is a metaphor. A stand in if you will for that which takes many more words and effort to say or to explain an EXPERIENCE that in the end can't in essence really be given to or held in hand but is real non the less once it has enter a life.
The pathway/s to that metaphoric God experience are many and varied throughout world. And all of them seek to guide toward the same spiritual end for the/an individual through rites, rituals and traditions.

One of the fascinating things for me is how people seemingly have such a hard time separating the many varied mystical experience pathways one may travel from the politics of any given moment.
Here lately it seems 'let's dump on the Christians' is the big. Why? if they think their path is through or with the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost so what! Should I or anyone else give grief because their concept of what 'god is' differs from what mine own is?
God is a mystical experience...........not a 'thing' held.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back